Make history by participating in this inaugural student leadership event, August 3–4 in Oklahoma City!
Business Professionals of America invites secondary and postsecondary student members to participate in the inaugural Student Leadership Summit. Two days of engaging, interactive sessions will equip student leaders with knowledge and skills to help launch their leadership skills to new heights and strengthen BPA.
The event is designed for state, regional, and chapter officers along with other aspiring BPA student leaders. Sessions will be held at the beautiful and historic Oklahoma State Capitol building in Oklahoma City on August 3 and 4, 2023. Registration will be open from June 12 until July 21.
Sessions will include personal leadership skills, team development, organizational structure, creating a program of work, BPA programs, fundraising, advocacy, communication, and other leadership strategies to support success.
Thursday, August 3 (Dress: Business Casual)
|3:00–4:00 pm||Opening session|
|4:15–6:00 pm||Student leadership sessions|
|7:30–10:00 pm||Student leadership sessions|
Friday, August 4 (Dress: Professional)
|8:30–11:00 am||Student leadership sessions|
|11:30 am–1:00 pm||Lunch with etiquette training|
|1:30–5:30 pm||Student leadership sessions|
|5:30–6:00 pm||Closing session|
|7:00–10:00 pm||Oklahoma City Dodgers vs Round Rock Express minor league baseball and postgame fireworks (Casual Dress)|
The registration fee for attendees, including student members, advisors, chaperones, and guests is $150 per person and includes:
- student leadership training sessions and workshops
- SLS t-shirt
- daily transportation between Bricktown district hotels and the Oklahoma State Capitol
- luncheon with etiquette training
- Oklahoma City Dodgers baseball tickets, a baseball cap, and ballpark fare
Students who want to attend should contact their chapter, region, or state advisor to complete the registration process. Students are not permitted to attend the SLS without an approved chaperone (chapter/region/state advisor, state officer coordinator, or parent/guardian). The minimum supervision ratios vary by division (secondary is 1 chaperone to 10 students; postsecondary is 1 chaperone to 15 students).
The registration system will generate an invoice for each attendee. Checks can be mailed to BPA, or you can use the secure online payment link on the invoice. If you need assistance with registration, contact Jonathan Smith, BPA’s director of strategic programs and experiences, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BPA has negotiated group rates at two hotels in Oklahoma City’s Bricktown district. Participants are not required to use these hotels, but they will be the pick-up and drop-off locations for daily transportation to and from the Capitol. Participants within driving distance of Oklahoma City are not required to stay at a hotel but must be accompanied by a chaperone.
AC Hotel by Marriott Oklahoma City Bricktown
411 E Sheridan Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Group Rate: $119.00 (1 King w/ Sofa Bed) -or- $129.00 (2 Queens)
Reserve Accommodations – Reservation deadline is Friday, July 21, 2023. Reservations made after this date are subject to the hotel’s prevailing rate.
Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City-Bricktown
300 E Sheridan Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Group Rate: $119.00 (1 King) -or- $129.00 (2 Queens)
Reserve Accommodations – Reservation deadline is Friday, July 7, 2023. Reservations made after this date are subject to the hotel’s prevailing rate.
- Available stay dates under the group rate include August 2-5. If the group block is full, contact Jonathan Smith (email@example.com) to see if alternative options are available.
- Group rates are exclusive of taxes/fees that will be imposed at time of checkout. The exact amount of taxes/fees will be indicated at time of reservation.
- A one night’s deposit or credit card guarantee is required at time of reservation.
- Hotel reservations can be canceled up to 48 hours prior to scheduled arrival. Cancelations within 48 hours of arrival are subject to a cancelation fee equal to the amount of one night’s room and tax.
- A credit/debit card is required at time of check-in and a prepayment in the amount of the guest’s estimated charges will be imposed in accordance with the Hotel’s standard payment process.
- An early departure fee may be imposed should a guest checkout prior to the reserved departure date. The early departure fee is equal to the amount of one night’s room and tax.
- All costs associated with reserving hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the individual/entity reserving the room and must be paid directly to the hotel. BPA reserves the right to collect funds from any state association or chapter should there be an expense to BPA for such entity’s failure to pay hotel.
- Will Rogers World Airport (OKC) in Oklahoma City is served by Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American, Breeze, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, and United.
- Amtrak’s Heartland Flyer runs daily trains between Fort Worth and Oklahoma City.
- Interstate Highways 35, 40, and 44 all pass through Oklahoma City.
If you have questions about the Student Leadership Summit or need assistance with registration, contact Jonathan Smith, BPA’s director of strategic programs and experiences, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit register.bpa.org and select the “Conferences” tab to locate the 2023 Student Leadership Summit registration site.