Business Professionals of America and MBA Research & Curriculum Center, with support from the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative High School Program, are pleased to announce the 2023 Ethics Awareness Challenge video competition for BPA members in the Middle Level and Secondary divisions.
Create a video (between 2 and 3 minutes in length) that promotes one or more of the ethical principles as defined by the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative.
- Contestants must BPA members (Middle Level or Secondary).
- A team must be made up of 2 to 4 individuals from one of the membership divisions.
- Chapters can submit entries from multiple teams, but a single student may be a member of only one team.
VIDEO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Any video editing software/application can be used to create entries.
- Videos should be created in at least 720p; however, 1080p or higher is recommended.
- Final videos must be uploaded and shared via YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia.
- Entries must include a works cited page.
- Entries must not violate trademark or copyright protections.
- Entries must be submitted at https://members.bpa.org/ethics-awareness-challenge.
- Entry Deadline: February 15, 2023 (11:59 pm ET)
- Winners Announced: March 1, 2023
- National Leadership Conference: April 26–30, 2023 (Anaheim, California)
A panel of judges will select the winning entries based on the depth of ethics knowledge demonstrated, creativity in presenting the information, and video production quality.
Members of the top five teams from Middle Level and Secondary divisions will receive cash prizes, recognition on the BPA website and social media accounts, and invitations to the 2023 National Leadership Conference in Anaheim, California1.
1 National Leadership Conference attendance is not required to receive the cash prizes.
2 Cash prizes will be divided equally among the team members.
MBA RESEARCH & DANIELS FUND ETHICS RESOURCES
- Ethical Principles Video Series takes a deep dive into the ethical principles, complete with definitions, supporting traits, and real-world examples. Each video has a set of accompanying discussion questions for further exploration.
- Ethical Leadership Course Package focuses on ethical leadership and ethics in business. Each lesson module includes a student handout, comprehensive discussion guide, student activities, and more.
- Gray Zone Interactive Series provides relatable examples of ethical dilemmas and allows students to use “choose your own adventure” style gameplay to work through the dilemmas themselves. Each episode comes with a discussion guide to prompt conversation about ethical decision-making.