Contracted Services – Competitive Events Judges Coordinator Application
The Business Professionals of America, Texas Association, Board of Directors welcomes bids for the Competitive Events Judges Coordinator position. Business Professionals of America is a nonprofit Career & Technology Student Leadership Organization for business students and teachers and is under the umbrella of the Texas Education Agency.
The purpose of this position is to provide Competitive Events Judges Coordinator services to Texas Business Professionals of America including the listed services and key responsibilities as outlined below. Your bid should be itemized and include all fees and expenses. Texas Business Professionals of America will approve expenses according to Policies and Procedures as listed.
The term for this position begins September 2023 and ends April 2026.
Additional time commitments include attending board meetings virtually or in person as requested by the Board, assisting with committees and assisting during the State Leadership Conference. Meeting dates are flexible depending on availability but plan on meeting in mid-September, in early December, the week of the State Leadership Conference and in mid-June or July with an attempt to align with the summer teacher conference. Other online meetings may be set up as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruit the 300 businesspeople for all judged events
- Coordinate 30 backup judges for each judged time slot
- Coordinate with state Competitive Events Coordinator progress throughout the recruitment process
- Coordinate pre-submits to be technically scored
- Recruit, compile, schedule and coordinate judges for SLC
- Oversee judges’ orientation during SLC
- Compile and export judges sign in for future database
- Provide the judges orientation/briefing meeting to include all information necessary to judge competently and effectively
Key Performance Measures:
- Contractor will incur mailing costs for promotional materials & confirmation letters. Promotional materials & confirmation letters will be supplied by Texas BPA.
- Contractor will confirm that all judges are secured to Texas BPA by February 20.
- Contractor will provide monthly updates to the Competitive Events Coordinator beginning November 2.
- Contractor will provide weekly updates to the Competitive Events Coordinator starting January 11.
- Contractor will recruit judges based on the skill needs list provided by Texas BPA.
- Working knowledge of BPA competitive events
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Established connections to recruit judges
- Experience with event and schedule coordination
- Positive and friendly people skills
Deadline to submit applications is June 30, 2023.
Additional information on the Competitive Event Coordinator responsibilities can be found in the Policy and Procedures Handbook found under the About BPA tab.
Contact Board Chair, David Ibarra at firstname.lastname@example.org or State Advisor, Diana Weber at email@example.com for more information.